OUR DOCTRINAL STATEMENT
1. We believe in the plenary, verbal, inerrant inspiration of the Scriptures, including both Old and New Testament, by which we understand that that the Holy Spirit not only inspired the thoughts of the writers, but also formulated the very words into which the thoughts were cast in the original documents. Consequently, the Bible is the only authority in faith and practice. Exodus 24:4; Psalm 119; Matthew 5:18; John 17:17; 1 Corinthians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21; 3:16.
2. We believe in the one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, having precisely the same nature, attributes and perfections and worthy of precisely the same worship and obedience. Genesis 1:26-27; Matthew 28:18-19; John 1:1-14; Acts 5:3-4; Hebrews 1:1-8; Colossians 2:9; John 15:26.
3. We believe in the deity, pr-existence, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, miracles substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension to Heaven, present position as our advocate and High Priest, and second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. Philippians 2:5-6; Like 2:40; John 1:1-14; Colossians 1:15-20; 2:9; Romans 3:25-26; Hebrews 1:3; 4:15; 7:25; 1 Peter 3:18; 1 John 2:1-3.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, is truly personal and fully God, and that He indwells, seals unto the day of redemption, and baptizes into the body of Christ every true believer at the moment of salvation; that He is the provider of all Godly power and acceptable worship and service from the moment of salvation, and will always glorify and uplift the name of the Lord Jesus Christ; that it is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and thus be sanctified wholly (this is a positional truth, but practically is a continuous process of growth), being separated from sin and the world and fully consecrated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service. Romans 6:8; 1 Corinthians 2:9-12; Acts 5:3-4; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18-20; Romans 12:1-2; 1 John 2:15-17; John 4:24; 14:16-17; 15:26-27; 16:5-15.
– 5. We believe that man was originally created in the likeness and image of God, but that he
fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death; that all men are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ; that the portion of the impenitent and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious torment, and that of the believing in everlasting joy and bliss. Genesis 1:26-27; 2:7; 2:15-25; 3:1-24; Romans 1:3; Luke 16:19-31; Matthew 10:28; 25:31-46; 2 Thessalonians 1:5-12; Revelation 20:11-15.
6. We believe that Satan is a personal and real being, the adversary to the Holy will of God and the salvation of men; that he is called in the Scriptures, the god of this world, who transforms himself into an angel of light, and has taken captive at his will the unbelieving and disobedient. Genesis 3:1-7; Isaiah 14:14; John 8:44; 2 Corinthians 2:11; 11:3, 14-15; 1 Peter 5:8; Ephesians 6:11; Revelation 20:10.
7. We believe that salvation has, by the love and grace of God, been provided through Jesus Christ for all men, and those who receive Him as their personal Savior, by an act of simple faith, apart from works of any kind, are born again of the Holy Spirit; that they receive the Divine forgiveness of sins, obtain the gift of eternal life and become the children of God, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, having been translated out of the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of God’s dear Son; that each person must truly repent of his sins and receive Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior; that the inward evidence of salvation is the witness of the Spirit; that the outward evidence is a life of righteousness and true holiness maintained by confession of sins, prayer, study of the Bible and regular fellowship with the saints. John1:12; 3:3-21; 6:44-51; 12:32; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 4:10, 12; 16:31; Romans 2:3-5, 29; 3:21-30; 5:11-15.
8. We believe that there will be a bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the former a resurrection unto life, the latter a resurrection unto judgment; that the saved shall appear in Heaven at the judgment seat of Christ to receive rewards, and to dwell with him for all eternity; that the lost shall be judged at the great White Throne Judgment, and shall be cast into the lake of fire to suffer eternal conscious punishment. Romans 14:9-12; 1 Corinthians 3:9-15; 15; 2 Corinthians 5:10; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:11-15.
9. We believe that the Church consists of all those who have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, are purged from their sins by His blood and have been born again of the Holy Spirit; that it has been commissioned of the Lord to witness in His name, make disciples, comfort and build up its members in the holy faith, and especially to fulfill the terms of the great commission, to go forth into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations. Matthew 28:18-20; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 4: 11-16; Colossians 1:24-29; 1 Peter 1:3-5, 22, 23.
10. We believe that the premillennial coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is a practical truth which should be preached, showing its relation to the personal life and the service of the believer. Acts 1:9-11; Psalms 96:13; Revelation 19:11-21; 20:1-6; Hebrews 10:25; 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10, 2:19; 3:11-13.